5.09.2009

Final 625 Post

I enjoyed everyone's presentations last week: so many interesting topics that show what we have been learning all year, that technology is complex and multifaceted. And just like older technologies that now are nearly unnoticed in our lives, the internet (email, open source software, blogs, websites, and Facebook like you all discussed) is neither an evil to be overtly rejected nor a panacea to be blindly accepted. Through this class, I've begun to understand the importance of critical and rhetorical literacy for us and for our students. Beyond understanding the basic steps to using technology, we also need to critically evaluate technology and how we and others are using it.

Furthermore, I appreciate what I've gleaned from reading blogs about in/fertility. Thanks to all of you IFers who share so honestly about your struggles and successes (both physical and emotional). Through you, I have caught a glimpse into the into the issue of infertility, into the complexity of human emotion, and into your strength.

And it may be that writing about infertility without having experienced it is something like writing about the Holocaust without having been there. I'm sorry if that's true. But overall, through looking at your blogs, I have been focusing less on infertility itself as a disease and more on your reactions and responses to the experience. That may be even more important.


Well, goodbye 625ers. It's been fun. Good luck in your future studies and careers and in your critical literacy of future inventions we can't even imagine. Of course, remember that technology "is not the boss of me!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still want to read that paper!! Hooray for finishing!! Now what...packing!!

rayster said...

Hannah, great study on blogs. And great being in class with you! I will miss you. Good luck with everything this fall :)
Paige.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.